Friday, April 1, 2011

Paper Marbaling with shaving cream!!


As I wrote about in my last post we were able to experience EBRU or paper Marbaling first hand last weekend at a Health Muesum in our city. It wa so very fun for all of us.


REACH lil ones REACH. :)
(This is a foutain that was put in the center of this Hospital
 because they believed the hearing of water
 helped to calm and relax the sick.)
 

Well when we got home I kept thinking about how to have the girls give this form of art a try. So many of us are visual or kinistatic learners so I wanted to help the concept stick and good ole shaving cream seemed to be what we needed for that to happen. 

Here is what we came up with. Enjoy and give it a try. YOu might want to make sure that Dad has had his recent shave however! ;). I got the idea of shaving cream from here.

Enjoy the pics..

 
What we used:
Pans, shaving cream, paint, and something to swirl the paint and paper
Oh yeah and a wet towel to clean up the mess! (it is a mild mess however) ;)

Making the design and adding colors.


We placed the paper carefully on the top of the shaving cream..

and then when we took the paper off the top of the shaving cream
 and scraped off the excess and...
tada our own Paper marbaling.
This whole project took only about 30 minutes and 5 pieces of art were designed.
These are the top 3. :)

  

A beautiful piece of art! 
(Oh what to do with all my kiddos beautiful pieces of art. ;),
 and mind you it is beautiufl and so it must be displayed somewhere and everywhere! :))

I recently found out that they have paper marabling classes you can take here in my city and I thought that would be an amazing thing to try.  It would be even cooler if you oldest and I could do it together?  Wouldn't that be super.

Enjoy and off I go to bed. Oh how I love crawling into bed when I am so very tired and tonight is one of those nights that I am oh so very tired. Good night from the 'Far west corner' of Turkey.
                                                                                                                            ~becky
     

I linked this craft project over at:
Mommas kinda crafty 
Jump on over and check out other fun ideas. :)                                                                                                                             

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi there

I love this idea with the shaving foam - you really do some interesting and fun things with your kids!

I just stopped by to let you know that I featured your patchwork bookmarks on my round tuit post this week!
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2011/04/round-tuit-43.html
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...